RE: CBO in 10g

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:37:57 +0200

Paula

Mhm... it seams that my previous post isn't readable... therefore I try again...

>By default 10g will collect system stats which was not availAble with
>9i and at startup apparently which would of course in most cases be an
>issue because system utlization at startup is not at all representative
>of system util during normal activity.

At startup, if they don't exist, Oracle "gathers" system statistics with the "noworkload" method. Therefore the load is not important at all.

HTH
Chris

New Features Oracle Database 10g Release 2 seminars @ www.trivadis.com

Italiano: Lugano (24-Nov)
Français: Genève (17-Nov)
Deutsch: München (20-Oct), Basel (25-Oct), Frankfurt (27-Oct),
         Düsseldorf (23-Nov), Zürich (29-Nov), Stuttgart (13-Dec)