re: resync

From: jungwolf <spatenau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:14:48 -0500

On 10/10/05, Sheetz, Todd <tsheetz_at_atcllc.com> wrote:
> I actually just went through an implementation of Data Guard here and ran
> into issues with archive logs to multiple destinations, and even though
> dest_2 was set for optional, it still slowed down the production side
> because of an extremely slow WAN connection. [cut]

Did you look at the ASYNC parameter for the secondary destination? By default it is SYNC.

In earlier versions of 9.2.0 (up to .4, maybe in .5 as well) the primary could be crashed by the standby. I've been bit by this bug. Check out the "list of bugs fixed" doc for the 9204 and 9205 patch sets, the dataguard section. Has anyone seen the primary crashed by the standby in later versions of 9.2.0 (.6 or .7)?

Steven