RE: Solid State Disks for Databases

From: Michael Fontana <MFontana_at_verio.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:17:31 -0400

> Mike,
>
> Your NOT betting your backside on a UPS to hold you up in the
> event of a power failure not are you??? We've been bite twice by one
> bad battery in the string.

I think you misunderstood.

I was responding to the ridiculous (not serious) suggestion someone made about keeping the online redo logs in /tmp in an off-handed way.

If I told users I could increase performance 20% with the method, as risky as it is, they wouldn't care how it was accomplished, until the bad thing such as you suggest were to occur!