RE: PARALLEL_EXECUTION_MESSAGE_SIZE

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:31:51 -0400

No, indeed I have not tried it. I usually do not change parameters just because it's there.

There is usually something I want to achieve by changing parameters. My main motto is:

If it ain't broken, don't fix it. So far, I haven't seen anything that would benefit from changing that

parameter. Besides, my database is 90% OLTP. I don't really want users to do parallel anything.

Only DBA personnel is in consumer group which allows parallel execution. For everybody else,

it's explicitly prohibited (max degree of parallelism=1).

--

Mladen Gogala

Ext. 121

From: zhu chao [mailto:zhuchao_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:31 AM To: Gogala, Mladen
Cc: Oracle-L
Subject: Re: PARALLEL_EXECUTION_MESSAGE_SIZE

Hi, Mladen,

    parallel_execution_message_size is not a parameter "do not touch unless directed otherwise by Oracle technical support personnel".

    I do not see such info in metalink/document.

    Actually this parameter is very useful for parallel execution tuning. You maybe never tried it:). Doing standby database recovery tuning , tune this parameter with default value, can result in 4X recovery speed. This is very useful in deed, right?

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 05 2005 - 12:32:45 CDT