PARALLEL_EXECUTION_MESSAGE_SIZE

From: zhu chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 19:43:04 +0800

hi, all
 Have anyone noticed this parameter for oracle 9i? Document says max size is 64KB-1, and actually oracle round it to 64K. But if I try another size like 30k/60k, oracle does not change it. Anyone know the magic behind?   Note: *Default values and ranges may differ from those shown here due to variations between releases.*.

  *Parameter type*

Integer
*Default value*

Operating system-dependent
*Parameter class*

Static
*Range of values*

2148 to 65535 (64 KB - 1)
*Oracle9i Real Application Clusters*

Multiple instances must have the same value.

SQL> ! grep parallel_execution_message_size $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/init$ORACLE_SID.ora
parallel_execution_message_size = 65534

SQL> show parameter parallel_execution_message_size

NAME TYPE VALUE

parallel_execution_message_size integer 65536
--
Regards
Zhu Chao