RE: CPUs NOT getting consumed ?

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:03:33 -0400

They would be getting consumed if your BCHR was high enough....Unfortunately, hardware is

frequently bought by bargain hunters who go for their friendly neighborhood sales event

in which you bring in your 5 100GB disks and get one 500GB disk at the 25% of the original

price. CFO will look extremely favorable on a deal like that and any PHB is likely to ingratiate

himself (or herself, I've seen female PHB personnel as well) to his superiors by saving money.

If they only could switch to GEICO....

--

Mladen Gogala

Ext. 121

From: Connor McDonald [mailto:mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 4:56 AM To: Oracle-L
Subject: Re: CPUs NOT getting consumed ?

True story - I am at this very moment sitting in front of a server at client site which has:

and ... wait for it...

1 (mirrored) 300G disk.

Its fair to say that CPU's are certainly not getting consumed here....

:-)

--

Connor McDonald

email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com <mailto:connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk <http://www.oracledba.co.uk>

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 05 2005 - 09:05:39 CDT