RE: Wanna implement RAC.

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:52:55 -0400

Thank you for the exhausting list of your achievements. I am impressed and so will, indoubitably be the Santa. All documentation

you need can be found at:

http://tahiti.oracle.com <http://tahiti.oracle.com/>

Don't panic, always have a towel and the RAC manual with you. Remember that RAC works on the infinite improbability principle.

That's all you need to know. For anything else contact Beeblerox Base Consulting, otherwise known as BBC. Ask for Edmund

Blackadder, he's the best, although Allan B'Stard is not far behind him. Don't misunderestimate the importance of being earnest

and reading the fine manuals.

--

Mladen Gogala

Ext. 121

From: Chirag DBA [mailto:chiragdba_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 11:40 AM
To: Oracle-L Freelists; askdba_at_freelists.org Subject: Wanna implement RAC.

Hi,

I have just implemented Multimaster Replication and the following link for that helped me a lot to proceed step by step for MM Replication.

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/8i/AdvancedReplication.php <http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/8i/AdvancedReplication.php>

I want to implement RAC. Only thing I know is that it is based on having multiple instances on different machine with

sharing a same set of physical files.

lastly I have implemented Standby Databases with Dataguard.

Can anyone have a good document for How to implement RAC?

I am unable to find a good one on net n thats why asking you guys if someone has some good document.

Any inputs are appreciated.

Regards - Chirag ... ///

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Oct 03 2005 - 14:49:27 CDT