RE: 10G OEM and local host name

From: John P Weatherman Jr. <asahoshi_at_infionline.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:04:03 -0400

Kathy,

Have you checked the DNS entry? 10g does a lot of "reverse lookup" stuff for names and if your /etc/hosts is right but your DNS is wrong, it will tend to go with DNS.

HtH,

John P Weatherman Jr.
Oracle DBA Advance America

-
Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho' We are not now that strength which in old days Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
                        from "Ulysses" by Alfred Lord Tennyson

reinstall should have fixed this.