RE: Compuware Vantage Products

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:49:13 -0400

We just installed AppVantage at our site a couple months ago and I went = through the 3 day training for kicks. It seems like a pretty useful = product. You install agents throughout your server chain. The product = provides you with a management console that allows you to time = transactions end-to-end throughout the system. You will know exactly = where the time is being spent per transaction. We have remote sites = that have a lot of lag time loading our pages and we plan on sending = somebody out there with a laptop to end the fingerpointing once and for = all.

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Pennsylvania Dept of Health
Bureau of Information Technology