RE: Lost one in Migration

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:50:43 -0400

I was told by Oracel Support to just change the compatible setting and then the ananlyst said "Oops' when it didn't work. I couldn't continue it took about a week to get it back. No one knew what to do. They all said "That isn't good!" We had already dismantled the old servers (32 bit) and reconfigured the new 64 bit servers we had to get a workaround to make the old version (8.0.6.3) work so we could do another recovery and try again. That trace that they say works to overcome the problem doesn't work. If you can do a restore back to the 8.1.7 version you can just take out the compatible parameter and try again. If not, you may be in for a long haul.

If I can do anything else to help you, please let me know.

Ruth