RE: Lost one in Migration

From: Kline.Michael <Michael.Kline_at_SunTrust.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:14:17 -0400

It was a test box. Didn't have any backup, so we winged it.

The nice side of that is that I've got several days.

I inherited this one.

Then I found out that the export was a "user" export. So the create tablespace statements are not there. On some of those that I have inherited in the past, I'd schedule in a "no rows" empty export of the whole database. Then at least I'd have the statements.

Good old "commandments" that used to circulate in the 70's. "Thou shalt take nothing for granted. Thou shalt check up and make !@##@#$ sure." Yep..

Fortunately being test is better than finding this one out on production. But then again, production has "shadow copy". Tough backing up about 400GB on 4GB tapes. Thus no backup.

Michael Kline
Database Administration
Outside 804.261.9446
Cell 804.744.1545
3-9446

If
> > you can do a restore back to the 8.1.7 version you can just take out
the
> > compatible parameter and try again. If not, you may be in for a
long haul.

> > If I can do anything else to help you, please let me know.
> >
> > Ruth

/u001/app/oracle/admin/PFTST/udump/pftst_ora_12463.trc:
> > ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [2765], [9.2.0.0.0], [],
[],
> > [], [], [], []
> > ORA-600 signalled during: alter database open resetlogs...
> > Thu Apr 28 11:42:47 2005
> > Shutting down instance: further logons disabled
> > Shutting down instance (immediate)
> > License high water mark = 2
> > Thu Apr 28 11:42:47 2005
> > ALTER DATABASE CLOSE NORMAL
> > ORA-1109 signalled during: ALTER DATABASE CLOSE NORMAL...
> > Thu Apr 28 11:42:47 2005
> > ALTER DATABASE DISMOUNT
> > Completed: ALTER DATABASE DISMOUNT
> > ARCH: Archiving is disabled
> > Shutting down archive processes
> > Archiving is disabled
> > Archive process shutdown avoided: 0 active
> > ARCH: Archiving is disabled
> > Shutting down archive processes
> > Archiving is disabled
> > Archive process shutdown avoided: 0 active
> >
> > SQL> startup mount
> > ORACLE instance started.
> >
> > Total System Global Area 2158983784 bytes
> > Fixed Size 739944 bytes
> > Variable Size 1610612736 bytes
> > Database Buffers 536870912 bytes
> > Redo Buffers 10760192 bytes
> > Database mounted.
> > SQL> alter database open
> > 2 /
> > alter database open
> > *
> > ERROR at line 1:
> > ORA-01589: must use RESETLOGS or NORESETLOGS option for database
open

> > SQL> alter database open noresetlogs;
> > alter database open noresetlogs
> > *
> > ERROR at line 1:
> > ORA-01588: must use RESETLOGS option for database open
> >
> > SQL> alter database open resetlogs;
> > alter database open resetlogs
> > *
> > ERROR at line 1:
> > ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [2765], [9.2.0.0.0], [],
[],

> > SQL> shutdown immediate;
> > ORA-01109: database not open
> >
> > Database dismounted.
> > ORACLE instance shut down.
> > SQL> exit
> >
> > Michael Kline

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. [ST:A234]