RE: user_part_tables

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:34:22 -0700

SQL> create table t (d date) ;
Table créée.
SQL> create view v (birthday) as select d from t ; Vue créée.

SQL> describe v

 Nom                                                   NULL ?   Type
 BIRTHDAY                                                       DATE

SQL> select text from user_views where view_name = 'V' ; TEXT

select d from t
1 ligne sélectionnée.

SQL> -----Original Message-----
Bill Coulam

This question probably applies to other data dictionary views as well.

Ordinarily, if a view has a column named "PARTITIONING_TYPE", I expect to find, in the view's source, a column or alias that reads "partitioning_type". Instead, I see unnamed derived columns, and named columns, that seem to be magically transformed to different names that show up in user_part_tables.

Which brings me to my question: What makes the magical column name transformation happen? What piece of this puzzle am I missing?