Re: slightly OT: another free oracle resource profiler

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:45:21 +0800

I have to admit, when processing trace files, I've rarely found the need to go much more sophisticated then (in pseudo-code)

10046 level 8 | tkprof | grep ^total | sort | head -3

Don't get me wrong - I've been really impressed with the hotsos profiler, orasrp and the like, but it ain't normally that hard to find the worst piece of code in a system :-)

On 4/28/05, Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com> wrote:
> Hi Mladen

>=20

> >>The profiler is written in Java
>=20

> I wrote my profiler in Java as well...
>=20

> >Can you, please, rewrite it in perl? Java sucks big time.
>=20
> Sorry, but only a DBA could think to write a real application with Perl. =
=3D
> I have nothing against Perl, on the contrary I like it to replace shell =
=3D
> scripts, but every language has its own strength and weakness.=3D20
>=20

> Eventually, from a development point of view, Java is not the best =3D
> choice as well, but it's far better than Perl.
>=20

> Just my two cents,
> Chris
>=20

--=20
Connor McDonald
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com
web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk