RE: Encrypting SQL*Net and JDBC traffic

From: Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:38:35 -0600

Google is your firend ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=3Doracle+%2Bssh&sourceid=3Dmozilla-search&= start=3D0&start=3D0&ie=3Dutf-8&oe=3Dutf-8&client=3Dfirefox-a&rls=3Dorg.mo= zilla:en-US:official

Ron Reidy
Lead DBA
Array BioPharma, Inc.

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Hameed, Amir Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 8:16 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Encrypting SQL*Net and JDBC traffic

Folks,
We are running Oracle E-business suite (11.5.9/9.2.0.4) in a three-tier architecture. The database and concurrent processing is taking place on the database node. The application tier is hosting the forms server and the web server. The application is SSL enabled and therefore the traffic b/w the client browser and the middle-tier is being encrypted. We would like to encrypt the SQL*Net and JDBC traffic between the application and the database tiers to comply with the new security standards. Is there a way to implement this encryption without using Oracle's ASO ( advanced security option)? Has anyone in this list done it and would like to share their experience/thoughts with me. I would really appreciate any feedback.
Thank you
Amir

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which = contains
information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is = intended=20
to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are = not the=20
intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, = distribution=20
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify = the
sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us = by

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Apr 27 2005 - 10:41:28 CDT