Re: LOCALLY MANAGED EXTENT PERFORMANCE

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:52:50 -0600

The code is not mine to share and it's pretty extensive PL/SQL, not SQL. I couldn't count the number of hours of sleep it has permitted us...

With this thread, I'm just trying to point out a few things:

Hope this helps...

-Tim

P.S. I wrote a paper entitled "Myths about Extents

        and Performance" several years ago;  it's posted
        online at "http://www.EvDBT.com/papers.htm",
        close to the bottom of the page...