Sqlplus "spool" and "dd" worked in 8, but not in 9?

From: Kline.Michael <Michael.Kline_at_SunTrust.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:35:10 -0400

Our group here had a "report" that went over 2gb.

In version 8.1.7.4 on HPUX they did a pipe and then did a "dd of the pipe to the "over 2gb" file name.

We converted the database to 9.2.0.4 and now this utility goes to never, never land. Nothing gets written to the pipe and it appears dd never sees anything to make it's output file.

I've not done the "digging" and this is the first I've seen this kind of situation, but perhaps with other warehouses out there someone else has already "been there, done that, this is what you do?????"

I've requested them to run the thing with no "dd" or pipe. Version 9 may support spool files over 2gb.

Anyone else have input on this?

Michael Kline
Database Administration
SunTrust Technology Center
1030 Wilmer Avenue
Richmond, Virginia 23227
Outside 804.261.9446
STNet 643.9446

Cell 804.744.1545
 <mailto:michael.kline_at_suntrust.com> michael.kline_at_suntrust.com

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. [ST:A234]