RE: rm RULE based optimizer != GOOD IDEA

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:16:52 -0500

or..."one of our developers used HASH JOIN hints all throughout their SQL, now we had to go back and remove them and this took time and $$$, can't wait until HASH JOIN hint is removed."

you see the problem in this case and the case below has to do with the review process, not the mere existence of the hint