RE: Reports Server Configuration

From: GBA-DBA <gba.oraclel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:36:38 -0500

Thanks for your response Scott. Yes that kind of config works fine to me too but how to make it work if you want the report name to be dynamic??

What i tried was removing the report=report.rdf portion from the key and then dynamically create the URL that should be passed to the reports server. Just like this:

http://myserver:port/reports/rwservlet?key&report=report.rdf (This worked fine in previous versions, but not in 10G, i'm getting a "didn't specified report name" message)

Regards
GBA -----Mensaje original-----
De: Scott Stefick [mailto:sstefick_at_gmail.com] Enviado el: Viernes, 22 de Abril de 2005 13:52 Para: gba.oraclel_at_gmail.com
CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Asunto: Re: Reports Server Configuration

In your rep_<server_name>.conf there is a line something like this. I have the path of my reports in this string...

      <property name="sourceDir"
value="/u01/app/wbits/source/v001/reports"/>

Here is a sample CGIcmd.dat file that works as well...

REPORT_NAME:report=REPORT_NAME.rdf server=rep_<server_name> userid=webuser/password_at_conn_string destype=cache desformat=PDF tolerance=0 %*

You should also look in your rwservlet.properties and make sure the following is uncommented...
KEYMAPFILE=CGIcmd.dat

HTH
Scott Stefick