Re: optimizer_ ???

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:46:59 -0600

Robyn,

I would say that the use of the system statistics this way is valid. Those are the real numbers Oracle is seeing while you collect the system statistics. You want to make sure the numbers are consistent before drawing conclusions (what you did) and not a one-time aberration because of special circumstances. But you want to do that anyways and not let the optimizer make decisions based on an erratic spike.

What EMC system did you have and what did you swap it for? If you don't mind me asking. You can e-mail me privately if you don't want to blast that information to the world.

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation