Re: optimizer_ ???

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:21:45 -0600

Robyn,

that's how I remember it too.
I don't deny that some people have had success lowering oica or raising oic - and for individual sql I have used them too ( I remember one case where I deliberately set oica to 1 so that differences in index costs would disappear and the index be determined by the tie-breaking rule which was the index I needed) but I really don't like the idea of setting them system-wide.

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation