RE: What happened!? IMPort tables with "User Defined or XML Datatypes"....so slow!

From: Marquez, Chris <CMarquez_at_aarp.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:49:51 -0400

Zoran,

>>then in 1800 seconds you will
>>insert 90,000 XMLTypes.

||"much slower" vs. "not working"
||>> Metalink Bug 3330477.

You are using to much logic...there is a bug that indicates performance "degrades" as time passes.
You seems to think I should be content with and IMPort on high-end hardware the only completes 53MB after 30 min?

>>Not sure why are you talking in MB or GB
>>not crazy critical for the speed of import.
>>There are other things there, like number of rows, ...

Right in my orginal post I only indicated the size that had completed. It is not possible to know the number of row inserted without a low commit buffer *while* the IMPort is happening, right. So to monitor my table IMPort I cheat and look at segments growth (dba_segmetns) to see that *something* is happening...else I would just staring at and IMP prompt.
*BUT* it doesn't matter...this is all relative. Both are just measurement of was (was not) completed.

Table A with varchar 1mil rows 1GB takes 2 min. Table B with XMLType 1mil rows 1GB after 30 min the segment is only 53MB.
"=3D" I have a problem with my XMLType IMPort and it going to be a long day.

To put any "IMP XMLType" discussion to rest, let me tell you that yesterday I created the same XMLType table on the target with a db link to the source XMLType table.
I was able to INSERT...SELECT over db link and pulled/loaded 7 mil rows and 3.6GB of XMLType w/ CLOB Storage data in 25 min. 28 sec. I haven't figured out the rows per sec yet...don't care...just know that I will not be IMPorting XMLType data in 9203-AIX environment again.=20

 ;o)

Chris