Re: tempspace usage

From: Greg Norris <spikey.mcmarbles_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:12:58 -0500

> It seems that all of the problematic sessions are split between
> LOB_DATA and LOB_INDEX, with the former taking the majority of the
> space. I'm guessing this means that the application is using
> temporary LOBS, and not releasing them once they're no longer
> needed... I'll check with the developers.

That was it. The application was creating temporary LOBs with duration set to SESSION, and not explicitly releasing them. Since this particular app uses persistent DB connections, it just kept creating more and more of the beasties until eventually the tempspace was exhausted.

The developers have updated their code, and are testing the changes now. If all goes well, the fix will be implemented sometime this weekend.

Thanx to everyone for your assistance... especially Steve Rospo, who got me facing in what turned out to be the correct direction. :-)

--=20
"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.