Re: Oracle Certification

From: Joel Garry <joelgarry_at_anabolicinc.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:38:13 -0700

Jeffrey Beckstrom wrote:

>Looking at going for it. However, we do NOT use RMAN. How much of
>a hinderence will that be for taking the tests?

That depends mostly on how good you are at memorizing a large number of arbitrary command strings and then picking them out from similar appearing incorrect command strings in a testing situation, some of parts of which are poorly worded or expect you to have taken particular education to create a context.

Actually using RMAN teaches you a lot more about researching metalink for bugs and howtos.

You really should use RMAN, for it's ability to deal with fractured blocks if nothing else. Unless there is something about your environment that rules it out specifically.

Joel Garry
http://www.garry.to