Re: Installing HTMLDB -

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:58:08 -0400

On Apr 11, 2005 2:30 PM, Weiss, Rick <rweiss_at_mt.gov> wrote:
> I know this may be slightly off-topic, but I was wondering about how
> everyone else does this. I am installing the new HTMLDB product and
> wanted to know where everyone installs the product. I know it will
> require its own Oracle Home, but would you place it on your application
> server, on the database server, or on its own server. This is an
> eval/test install and if it turns out to be a success with my
> development community, I will roll it out to a more robust production
> application server. My first inclination is to place it on my 10g
> application server.
> =20
> Any suggestions or are there little gotchas hiding out there that I need
> to watch out for?
> =20
> Servers are SLES-9
> RDBMS is 10.1.0.4
> =20
> Thanks
> =20
> Rick Weiss
> Oracle Database Administrator
> Montana Department of Labor & Industry
> Centralized Services Division
> Technical Services Bureau
> 1327 Lockey
> P.O. Box 1728
> Helena, Montana 59624-1728
> (406) 444-9628
> rweiss_at_mt.gov

Rick,

I've chosen to install it into the same home as the 10g http listener. You'll need to have a target database (10.1) for the html_db objects to be installed into.
Its best to have all components installed into that home prior to applying the 10.1.0.4 patchset.

hth.

Paul

--
#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop