RE: Security audit of Oracle databases

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:27:14 -0400

Why not come up with an algoritm instead of writing them down?

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 11:13 AM
To: stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com
Cc: Stankus, Paula G; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Security audit of Oracle databases

On 4/11/05, stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com> wrote:

	All important
	passwords should be recorded and stored somewhere safe (a piece
of
	paper in an offsite secure location  (e.g. where you keep your
	disaster recovery backups).  BTW, of those 5 examples of why a
DBA I will disagree with storing passwords on paper. It is extremely cumbersome
and quite unworkable. We tried it, it doesn't work. There are a few commercial
password safes available, some appear quite good, and allow limited access
and auditing of password usage.
--
Jared Still

Spam