Re: Security audit of Oracle databases

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:09:23 -0400

The center for internet security produced a security benchmark with a scoring tool for 8i. They have not finished the 9i and 10g software, however. This is put together by NSA and military types, amoung other volenteers. I did a little of the early 8i work, but was quickly left in the dust.

http://www.cisecurity.org/bench_oracle.html

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 08:49:08AM -0400, Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I have a friend who is going to go through a security audit from an
> outside 3rd party. He would like to verify his security before they
> come. Does anyone know of any security opensource software for checking
> integrity of Oracle databases or scripts?
>
> Thanks,
> Paula

Ray Stell  stellr_at_vt.edu  (540) 231-4109  Tempus fugit  28^D