RE: anyone use java EJBs?

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 23:16:12 +0200

Hi Ryan

>I think session EJBs and message driven EJBs may be useful.

In some situations, eventually...

>My concern is with entity beans.
>don't see any advantage whatsoever with them over data=20
>access objects accept that 'they are in the
>J2EE standard' and they have a catchy name.
>They are alot harder to implement, code, and test.

Exactly for this reason they are thinking to remove the current = implementation from the next standard: J2EE 3.0. The idea is that the = new standard should provide a much simpler way to do the same...

Anyway my advice is to give a look to the following two books (which are = against EJB!):

Chris