Date datatype

From: Anwar Khudhair <anwarsk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:32:40 -0700

Hello list,

Three questions about the Date datatype. Thanks in advance for your help.

  1.. In SQLPlus, how can I display the full value of a date column? I mean date and time and not only the date.
  2.. I'm trying the EXTRACT function. Year, month and day worked fine but not the hour, minute and second. How can I do it?
  3.. I tried to add a numeric value from another field to a date column and it worked for the date. Is it possible to do the same thing with the time?

Anwar Saleh Khudhair