RE: RMAN DBID

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 15:44:55 -0400

The DBID is also kept by the controlfile. You can see this by connecting to rman nocatalog and then connect to your target. Here is what you will get:  $ rman nocatalog

Recovery Manager: Release 9.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production

Copyright (c) 1995, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

RMAN> connect target

connected to target database: REF3DEV (DBID=2000332275) using target database controlfile instead of recovery catalog

RMAN> You can see that the DBID is returned when you connect to the target in noncatalog mode.

HTH,
Ruth