RE: Patchset 10.1.0.4

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:04:20 -0500

That depends on your rendition of "bug free". If you're using the INSO = filter part of Oracle Text, it's been replaced with a "newer, better" = filter in ought-4. Nothing like changing an entire process on a = freaking bugfix patch. Shouldn't something that major have been = included with a major release instead, or am I completely mistaken as to = the meaning of the significant digits in an Oracle software version = number?

Looks like I'll be going live with 10.1.0.3. Looking forward to the = book I'll be writing when asked why I'm not running the current patch on = my next TAR...

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_quadtechworld.com      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA