Re: where to find built-in function declarations?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 22:07:45 +0000

On 04/03/2005 05:08:49 PM, Jonathan Gennick wrote:
> Is there any file in an Oracle installation that provides the
> declarations to the built-in functions?=20

Jonathan, on 10g declarations are in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/public in *.h files. Here is what I found for the CEIL function:

$ nm $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle|grep -i ceil 0b69c544 d _CEIL_

         U ceil@@GLIBC_2.0
0a86008e T getTRACEILP
0b03aede T lpxxpceiling
0a3a3884 T OCINumberCeil
0a8600ca T setTRACEILP
0a0971f2 T slfpdceil
0a096ce0 T slfpfceil
$

$ cd rdbms/public
$ grep -i ceil *.h
occiData.h: const Number ceil() const ;

orl.h:        OCINumberCeil - OCINumber CEiling of number
orl.h:#define OCINumberCeil                   orlncel
orl.h:sword OCINumberCeil( OCIError *err, CONST OCINumber *number, orl.h: NAME: OCINumberCeil - OCINumber compute the CEiL value of an Oracl= e number
orl.h: result (OUT) - output which will contain the ceil value of th= e
orl.h: Computes the ceil value of an Oracle number.

--=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA