Re: where to find built-in function declarations?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:04:27 +0100

There is

    $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/stdspec.sql and stdbody.sql (used to be standard.sql in earlier versions), but I suspect this is just the way in which SQL builtins are made available to pl/sql, rather than a complete indication of what the SQL builtins can do.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html Public Appearances - schedule updated March 9th 2005

Is there any file in an Oracle installation that provides the declarations to the built-in functions? For example, I'd like to see how functions like CEIL are declared, and whether they are overloaded to accept the newly-supported, IEEE-754 floating-point types as input.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@gennick.com

Join the Oracle-article list and receive one article on Oracle technologies per month by email. To join, visit
http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/oracle-article, or send email to Oracle-article-request_at_gennick.com and include the word "subscribe" in either the subject or body.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sun Apr 03 2005 - 18:08:04 CDT