Slight OT. screen speed on RH 3.0

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:33:22 -0500

List,
 I know this is slightly off topic but I have a display problem that is effecting my administration of the Oracle Database. (does that keep it on topic?)

OS RH 2.1 workspace switch and screen display was fast. I installed RH 3.0 and the workspace switch is smoooow and the screed display is "painted" real slow. This problems happens when the display is not used for a while. When in use the switch and display speed is normal. Any suggestions or areas I can search.
I might not have asked the correct question on Google and the Linux forum came up empty handed.
Thanks,
Ron