RE: Re[2]: ORA-01159 during controlfile recreate ?

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:49:07 -0500

Prem

   In my experience you do not want to try the recovery if you are simply trying to recover the database to test from a cold backup. Just skip that step and open the database with resetlogs.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."
-- C.S. Lewis