Re: DataGuard: verify recovery progress

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 01:28:30 +0200

The DG-configuration of one of my customers showed the same behaviour. I've opened a TAR.
Oracle Support states that the delayed update of V$ARCHIVED_LOG is expected/documented behaviour. They base this on the fact that in the comments of the diagnostics script for primary databases (metalink note Note 241374.1) the delayed update is described. So, as soon as something is written down in the maze of metalink, it is considered as documented. Quite unsatisfactory. Despite the fact that a column with the name 'APPLIED" keeps the value 'NO' until the next log_switch, and the fact that the correct information is available, regarding V$ARCHIVE_DEST_STATUS, it is not a bug. (says support).

So, stick to V$ARCHIVE_DEST_STATUS as trusted source of information.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===