Re: Strange Problem

From: Daniel Fink <Daniel.Fink_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:08:46 -0700

Deep,

I can't comment on specifics, but it reminds me of a similar situation. Periodically, a 3rd party app would 'lose inserts'. Turns out that the application was not handling errors, so would insert record 1 into table 1 then insert record 2 into table 2 (but this insert would result in an error that was not handled by the application) and a commit was issued. So the first insert was committed and the second was 'lost'.

Turns out a memory corruption was causing the application to send bad data, Oracle would reject it.

Good luck.

Daniel