Re: Dataguard - primary database moved to another server

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:57:37 -0500

On 03/25/2004 12:56:10 PM, Carel-Jan Engel wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I think (i'm not completely sure) the resetlogs killed to standby.

Robert Freeman will probably kill me for this, but there is a package called DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE, not documented in your documentation set, which has a procedure called "zerodbid". The procedure takes one (DB ID) and can be used to reset your DBI ID to certain value. I've never used either streams or data guard and I don't know whether resetting DBID can be used in combination with them, but it can change the database ID. The nice thing about this package is that it is a part of the code, which means that you already have it. It's not documented and it is visible by SYS only. That is the package that actually implements RMAN.