Re: Strange Problem

From: Arghadeep Chatterjee <dba_at_magma.co.in>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:39:22 +0530

Re: Strange ProblemSure Tim will do that I was not sure whether I should burden you all with such a huge code.So didnt bother will do that in a jiffy. Deep

  Arghadeep,

  It would be much more useful if you posted the PL/SQL code in question along with your brief description. Your description by itself is far too vague.

  We're willing to help, but you've got to meet us halfway...

  -Tim

  on 3/25/04 7:10 AM, Arghadeep Chatterjee at dba_at_magma.co.in wrote:

      Hi All,
    I am facing a strange problem the details of which is given below     Hp-UX 11.11,Oracle 9.2.0.1.0
    Users arnd 213
    Mem 4GB
    Proc 2
    Type of application Custom ERP using Oracle Forms and Reports 6i     Now the problem
    from one of the forms an Oracle DB procedure is called say x     this procedure creates a curson say y     now it goes on updating three tables say row 1,2,3 .The strange thing is     while working at some times this application inserts the three rows for the     say first table and compleletely misses to update the same value to another     table say row 2 and 3 while it updates row 1.I am unable to find a logical reason for     this as commit is issued at the end of the procedure and at certain times it just     works as it is intended to work.Any pointers anyone.     Thanks
    Deep