Re: How to discard the statistics on tables and indexes?

From: Darrell Landrum <darrell_at_landrum.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:14:43 -0600

Delete them using Oracle supplied procedures:

DELETE_TABLE_STATS Procedure
This procedure deletes table-related statistics.

Syntax
DBMS_STATS.DELETE_TABLE_STATS (

   ownname         VARCHAR2,
   tabname         VARCHAR2,
   partname        VARCHAR2  DEFAULT NULL,
   stattab         VARCHAR2  DEFAULT NULL,
   statid          VARCHAR2  DEFAULT NULL,
   cascade_parts   BOOLEAN   DEFAULT TRUE,
   cascade_columns BOOLEAN DEFAULT TRUE,    cascade_indexes BOOLEAN DEFAULT TRUE,    statown VARCHAR2 DEFAULT NULL,    no_invalidate BOOLEAN DEFAULT FALSE); There's also a delete_index_stats, but this one appears to take care of the index stats as well with the cascade_indexes argument.----- Original Message -----