Re: Deploying 11i in a grid environment

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 01:42:37 +0100

Grid or not. Isn't this just a RAC installation of Apps? If not, please shoot me down, so I can learn something new today (always nice in my old age) :-).

Apps on RAC: Internally, Oracle's own RAC/Apps installation uses data partitioning in order to perform. Oracle's benchmark of RAC/Apps used data partitioning. That might not be required in your situation, but you should be aware of the possibility - and be prepared to do something about it, if it turns out to be necessary.

As an owner of a consulting company I welcome these kinds of initiatives. Man, we will have work to do in the coming years.

Mogens