RE: Searches on OTN

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:51:22 -0500

Really! It is about 1000 times faster than on OTN.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS [mailto:DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM] Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 3:26 PM
To: 'oracle-l_at_freelists.org'

Here is a trick:

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Bobak, Mark Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 3:05 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Tom,

I ran into this just last night. Ryan was asking about Bjorn Engsig's paper, and I had no luck searching for it. I eventually found an old reference containing the path which was still good (or, at least, close enough).

I tried "cursor sharing Engsig", "cursor_sharing Engsig", and a few other variations, and what I got was truly bizarre.

I just tried it again, and got results like:  Type Your Title Here: Oracle9i Database O O R RA AC CL LE E9 9 I I P P E ER RF FO OR RM MA AN NC CE E M M A AN NA AG GE EM ME EN NT T: : T T...  Oracle7 Server: Oracle Database 10g: The Self- Managing Database An Oracle White Paper Nov. 2003 Oracle Database 10g: The Self-Managing...

and my favorite:

Microsoft Word - Boost SQL Pe&: %RRVW64/3HUIRUPDQFHZLWK FXUVRUBVKDULQJ $Q2UDFOH7HFKQLFDO:KLWH3DSHU -XO\
%RRVW64/3HUIRUPDQFHZLWKFXUVRUBVKDULQJ3DJH... Yeah, that makes sense.....not!

So, yeah, I think it pretty much sucks.

-Mark