Re: Client hangs on some key values

From: Manoj Kumar Jha <jmanoj_at_delhi.tcs.co.in>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:24:26 -0800

Try this,
Tkae a backup of this table and truncate this table with reuse staorage. And drop and re-create the the index. Insert the records in this table back. And try to run this query again.

  New DBA on the block and already ran into my first problem:

  We have an Oracle Database (8.1.7.0) running on Clustered HP-UX.

  Oracle client running on a HP-UX (11) B2000 machine.

  The query looks like

  select col1, col2, col3, 0, col4, col5, 0, 0, ................col100
  from table 1
  where col1 = '123'

  This query works for most everytime except certain selected col1 values. col1 a primary key.

  For the unfortuante col1 values, the client just hangs. I looked under v$session_wait, don't see anthying unusual. Only following events I have noticed:     Message to/from SQL*CLient, more data to SQL*Client, file open The values for the wait were not any different from the sessions when the SQL got executed. Although the query never makes to V$SQL view.

  No locks on the table. verified with V$lock views.   No corrupt blocks: verified with analyze ...cascade command.   TNSPING normal

  It is interesting that these queries only fail from this one client. It works fine on the server or any other client.

  Network guru says he doesn't see any problem with network either. Changed the machine but still didn't help. Memory, CPU looks good on the client and server.

  Do you have any idea what might be wrong here?   Is there a view I can refrence to show that the sever never recived the client request?

  TIA
  SB

  This is going to be a great day!!!

  Do you Yahoo!?

Author: Manoj Kumar Jha
  INET: jmanoj_at_delhi.tcs.co.in

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Aug 29 2003 - 00:24:26 CDT