RE: get sid (session id) and serial#?

From: Sinardy Xing <SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:19:26 -0800

Hi Chuan,

can v$session help you

this view has information like machine, osuser, username, sid, program, and others

SQL> desc v$session

SQL> select columns,... from v$session where username = 'SCOTT' and machine = 'YOUR_HOSTNAME'

if you do telnet you will get 2 rows (if scoot is only use by you)

is not

Sinardy

Author: Sinardy Xing
  INET: SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Aug 29 2003 - 00:19:26 CDT