RE: Need help with an error ORA-12640

From: Sinardy Xing <SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 01:19:26 -0800

Hi Peter,

I think you have to make sure that non - admin user have proper access right to

sqlnet.ora        (what is the last modified time)
tnsnames.ora             s.a.b.
names.ora                s.a.b.
*.ora                    s.a.b.

And of course make sure your listener is started, then check all those *.ora files -IP address, hostname, port (if you are using TCP)

then try use tnsping [service_name] to hit the listener.

Perhaps you can do a little bit RE to read the patch what kind of changes oracle made to your system, I am not sure about this one, but I think you install that patch with administrator account.

You said you install patch then you cannot connect, if this is not Oracle Names Server then I think you can connect from client station because their parameter files are the working version.

If this is Oracle Names Server, you client will get the latest changes too most likely cannot connect too. If is not ONS then you can reference your client machine setting.

hope this can help you, good luck

Sinardy

Author: Lee, Peter (AZ15)
  INET: peter.lee_at_honeywell.com