RE: NEXT_EXTENT and PCT_INCREASE

From: Roger Xu <roger_xu_at_dp7uptx.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:44:25 -0800

Why the table was created with initial extent as 1700M, but dba_extents says the first extent is 8M only?

SQL> select initial_extent from dba_tables where table_name='BSIS';

    1782579200

SQL> select bytes from dba_extents where segment_name='BSIS' and extent_id=1;

   8388608

SQL> select bytes,count(*) from dba_extents where segment_name='BSIS' group by bytes;

   8388608        113
  67108864        137

Author: Roger Xu
  INET: roger_xu_at_dp7uptx.com

Author: Gorbounov,Vadim
  INET: vadim.gorbounov_at_liberate.com

For technical support please email tech_support_at_dp7uptx.com or you can call (972)721-8257.
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security System.

Author: Roger Xu
  INET: roger_xu_at_dp7uptx.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Aug 26 2003 - 18:44:25 CDT