RE: Software Owner for Oracle8 and Oracle9

From: Sinardy Xing <SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 23:54:42 -0800

Hi,

My answer

Benefit using different users.

1. If the applications of thoese two databases should not access each other then you have better security, the owner of the instances processes are different.
2. If DBAs that manage those databases are different person than they can change the password without require another DBA to be arround.
3. There must be reasons why they propose this setting, perhaps you want to share why they decide such setting.

Benefit using same user.

1. If the Oracle 8 require upgrade you don't have to install Oracle 9 again.
2. A little bit easy to manage.
3. According to Unix book (I don't remember the title of the book) it said "The lesser the users the more secure your system" (I agree with this line)

Just my opinion...

Sinardy

Author: Sinardy Xing
  INET: SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Aug 25 2003 - 02:54:42 CDT