RE: OCP Architecture question

From: Stephen Lee <Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 06:34:24 -0800

  1. Maybe, maybe not. To make a point, take it to a ridiculous extreme: Suppose you have a tablespace of 100M with two rollback segments made of 1M extents sizes. Then each segment must use 2M each (minextents must be at least 2) which means either segment could possibly grow to use 98M if needed
    (but not at the same time). Now make the extent sizes 25M. Then each
    segment uses 50M with no growth possibility. Now you don't have the ability to extend a segment to 98M; so this could be bad. But neither do you have a case where one segment can extend to 98M leaving the other poor segment stuck at 2M; so this could be good.

So .... "It Depends."

2. I think this addresses a different issue; i.e. "failed to extend..."

3. Essentially same reasoning as #1.

4. Essentially same reasoning as #1.

5. No comment needed.

Author: Stephen Lee