RE: How to tell Oracle the directories of script files

From: Nelson, Allan <anelson_at_midf.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:29:35 -0800

@/usr/local/bin/my_sql_script

Allan

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 1:09 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hello,
Suppose I have some SQL scripts in my /home/user directories, /usr/local/bin
directories, etc.
If I start 'sqlplus' from console in /home/user directories, I can load/execute the script by doing:
SQL> @scriptname

But what if I don't start sqlplus from that directories? How do I tell Oracle
to find the scripts in /home/user, then if it's not there in /usr/local/bin,
for example? So that I can be anywhere in the filesystem when starting sqlplus and can execute my SQL script.

Just like the $PATH environment variables in *nix system that tell the shell
where to find executables, is there a similar thing for Oracle?

Thanks for any help.

RDB
--

Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy

/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign against HTML \ / email and proprietary format
 X attachments.
/ \

Have you been used by Microsoft today?
Choose your life. Choose freedom.
Choose LINUX.

Author: Reuben D. Budiardja
  INET: techlist_at_voyager.phys.utk.edu

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Copying, forwarding or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. This email may have been monitored for policy compliance. [021216]

Author: Nelson, Allan
  INET: anelson_at_midf.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 14 2003 - 13:29:35 CDT