New Printing Problem on Oracle/Win 2000 Server

From: Debra Ruggerie <druggerie_at_ugf.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 13:07:01 -0800

Last night we installed patchset3 for Oracle 9.2 and rebooted the server for the first time in at least several weeks. Now we are unable to print through the server using our batch scripts (calls the print cmd) or with the print command at the command line. The printers are network printers, and we are able to print from the server using Windows applications such as WordPad and from the Test Page button in each printer's property box.

The specific error we get at the command line when using the batch script is "Unable to initialize device \\banner_server\<<printer_name>>". We can ping banner_server and it replies. When we try to run just the print command from the command line, it just sits there.

We've been on the Windows platform for less than 8 months.

Any ideas on locating the problem??

Thanks,

Debbie Ruggerie, DBA
University of Great Falls

Author: Debra Ruggerie
  INET: druggerie_at_ugf.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed May 21 2003 - 16:07:01 CDT