RE: quickest method

From: Yosi Greenfield <ygreenfield_at_kewsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 10:02:01 -0800

For a two terabyte data transfer at one client, we wrote a C extractor, ran it in four-plicate on partitioned data, sent the output directly to pipes, sent those pipes zooming across the 400 Mbit network into waiting pipes that served as the input files for direct path SQL Loader.

That was amazingly fast, and loads of fun, sort of like a data warehouse rube goldberg device.

Actually, it was blazingly fast in test, I left the project before it hit production...

Mladen Gogala
Author: Mladen Gogala
  INET: mgogala_at_adelphia.net

Author: Yosi Greenfield